Sunday, August 14, 2011

Food Angel Vs. Food Devil



So now I’m back to eating “real food”, which means its’ now up to me to make the right choices, since I know I won’t get sick. It’s almost a war between what I want and what is good for me.  So I bran to the grocery store at 6:30 this morning to get the chicken and nectarines were on sale as well as a newspaper for my coupons,  Then the man in front of me was checking out donuts.  In my best Homer Simpson impression, I thought “mmm, donuts”, and I went straight to the bakery and bought one for each of us.
The FD (Food devil)  side said ”Lets get the crème filled chocolate covered long john.  It’s the biggest one!”, while the FA (Food angel) Reminded me of my food journal. “You don’t really want to write down a donut do you?  (I think she sort of sounds like my mom, who was always critical of my weight.) So I compromised – ½ a circle chocolate covered crème donut.  Yes it still has to go in my food journal, but I feel by giving in a little now I stopped a huge binge later.  Isn’t balance what it’s all about?

1 comment: