Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Med

So last week, I started Abilify, and I don’t know if I’m just getting used to it or what, But I gained back t5 of the 12 pounds that I lost, though it could be water weight. It’s so frustrating because I have been doing so well on my plan. I had a cheat day Saturday and was only over by 23 calories. I was at the gym 4 times last week and two days this week and it’s only Wednesday morning. I have no idea what to do about it either.

On the plus side the hallucinations I have been having have lessened considerably, but the other problems , including insomnia, (I have been up since 2 a.m. – it’s 5 now), are worse. How much time do I give the medicine? I know we can do something about the insomnia, but if I’m going to have weight gain is it really worth it? Can I live with the hallucinations?

I realize psychiatry isn’t an exact science and everybody is different, but I wish we could find that magic cocktail that would take away the problems and let me live a normal life. I want to be healthy. I want to be functional. I want to be a size 14 again. Is that really too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment