Thursday, May 27, 2010

Little Things

Since I have had my surgery, I have noticed that it’s not only the scale going down, or me dropping sizes like they are a hot pan straight from the oven, but there are lots of little things that I am feeling proud and happy about.
I am able to complete my exercise class and quick fit room at the YMCA several times a week with energy to spare. I am not embarrassed about the way I look in a swim suit. You can see the way my thigh muscles flex when I walk. My boobs are bigger than my tummy (But boo to the fact that they are now an A cup!). I am seeing a face that I haven’t seen since I got married, and I have been told by a member of my support group that my face is absolutely lovely. And here’s my favorite: I can clip my own toenails!!!!!!!!
I was so excited when I realized I can reach my toes to cut my nails, that I called my dad, sister, best friend and mother-in- law! My mother-in-law had gastric bypass surgery in 2006 and is now a size 8. She’s been my biggest champion! When I called her, I heard the pride in her voice. She told me this was one of the little things on a weight-loss journey that means so much. Yes. Yes it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment