Friday, September 24, 2010

Our New Home

In the past month, my family has had 7 visits to our primary care physicians!  For myself, I have gone 3 times because I have horrible allergies that turn into sinus infections, then ear infections, and then, this last time, pneumonia.  I’m on my second round of antibiotics and I am feeling better, but my energy comes and goes. 

My husband and oldest daughter are having some severe tummy stuff.  My husband needed to have tests to rule out gall bladder issues, but thankfully seems on the mend.  My eldest’s tummy issues could be related to stress (we are currently evaluating for ADHD), but she also stayed home this week because of her stomach hurting.  (She was later fine, so this is the last time she stays home without a fever, diarrhea, or vomit).

But my poor little one is currently suffering the most.  When she was born prematurely, she had issues breathing, and developed pneumonia a few hours after birth.  When she was 6 months, she got pneumonia and we went back into the hospital again.  At 15 months, she was in the hospital again with RSV and pneumonia.  It was then they told me she had reactive airway disease, which is a precursor to asthma.  Again at two years, she was hospitalized again with RSV and pneumonia. Over the last year, her Reactive Airway Disease has been diagnosed as asthma and we have gotten into a routine involving aero chambers and inhalers.  However, now she’s sick again and that means another trip to the doctor.  Again.  Which  means another visit to our new home, the doctor’s office.

No comments:

Post a Comment