Wednesday, September 19, 2012

So I haven't posted since March, well I have a lot to catch up on.  When we last saw me, I was dieting with the help of myfitnesspal.com (which is, in my opinion, a great tool if you need to lose 20 lbs, not 200).  I wasn't having much success.  So in June I got lazy and spent the summer gaining the nine pounds I lost back, plus 3 more.  How did you spend your summer vacation...LOL.

So my kids are back in school, so it was time to get serious, so serious that I enlisted the help of my doctor and got a referral to a different surgeon.  I'm now going through the red tape to get the gastric sleeve procedure done.  Unlike the band it's permanent, And it's as good thing too.  I'm trying to eat lowish carb to prepare for the surgery.  After I have it, I'll have a stomach the size of a ball park bun-length hot-dog.

And then guess what?  I pulled the tendon on the inner side of my right knee and am on one crutch, hobbling around and can't exercise.  How did I do this.  I did a karate kick in water aerobics.  Actually, it was a Jacky chan - a jumping jack with a karate kick.  Lovely, simply lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment