Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Milestones!

I am about a week away from being 7 months out of surgery, but I have had a few health issues lately along with a ton of stress.  My bi-polar meds got changed (subtract 300 mg of Seroqual, add 4 mgs of Stelazine, subtract 75 mgs of Effexxor XR, add prn xanax), and I have been getting migraines that make me puke like no ones business.

However, I have started waking up EARLY to exercise. And by early I mean the 5:45 am power water aerobics class at the Y.  Yes, I am turning into “that” girl – the one who favors exercise to sleep!  While I have not seen the scale change in a few weeks, I have noticed the following:

  1. My biceps and triceps look and feel buff (now only if the weight loss didn’t leave me with batwings… but that’s what plastic surgery is for!)
  2. I have awesome legs!
  3. My wedding ring (which used to be “stuck”, now spins on my finger!
  4. My bra size went from 50A to 46 B or C!  I may not need the boob job after all!
  5. My jeans are too big again.
  6. I’m actually looking forward to and enjoying exercise.
  7. I have become addicted to soy chocolate protein shakes blended with natural peanut butter and a frozen banana!
  8. I don’t need as much coffee to make it through the day.


But I do have some challenges coming up.  This weekend I am heading several hours away to meet one of my bestest buddies for a girls weekend with my kids in a huge Midwestern urban area, where there are tempting treats on every corner, and with my kids tagging along I have a feeling we are going to be taking cabs, not walking like I usually would have done.  But my friend is super fit, and knows me better then just about anyone, so she’ll probably not let me cheat too bad.  As long as I can make it without another migraine, it should be an awesome time.

I’ll write some bariatric friendly travel tips when I get back.  One thing I have done is planned ahead and bought some rice cakes in cedar cheese flavor and vitamin water to get me through the long drive. J

No comments:

Post a Comment