Thursday, October 21, 2010

Road trips, Lap bands, and Mental Health




This past weekend, I met one of my dearest friends in a large city that was supposed to be 8 hours away.  With kids however, it took 10 hours.  So for twenty hours out of 72, the three of us were in the car.  When we got to the hotel, they had sold our room out under us and we had to have 4 people in a one bedroom hotel room.  For driving all the way, then having to have both my kids in roll away beds, my stress level went a little high.  But after taking my nighttime meds and hanging with my friend, all was well with the world, and things were fine.

The next morning I started the day with a protein shake, and then we went to IKEA.  I LOVED it!  Two hours (one with the kids hanging out in Smalland,), 66 dollars, and a delicious soup lunch (with two meatballs – can’t go there and NOT have meatballs!) with a shared dessert and the kids getting what they wanted – they ate with no arguments- for 12 dollars.

After that we went to the hotel and moved to our original type room – two bedroom suites, then later took a train into downtown, where we visited a specialty toy store and ate at a legendary restaurant – but please take “eating” from me with a grain of salt.  I ate, then puked, then tried eating again.  It didn’t work.

And that sent me on a tailspin.  Since Saturday night, I have only kept down about 50% of what I’ve attempted to eat, and that includes soup.  Which leads to another condition – I’m not sure that I’ve kept down all my meds, and I’ve started having depression issues.  I’m going to give myself another day, and if I am not feeling better, I’ll check with my doc(s), both my surgeon and my psychiatrist.

So basically, I have learned a few very important lessons.  First I must always pack protein when I go and not plan on only eating out for vacations.  Then, for my mental health, I need to stretch out my roadtrips longer, including at least another day to make the traveling easier.  And I have to go easier on myself after.  I threw myself back into my schedule, and I should have eased myself back in.  But under NO circumstances do I regret the trip.  It was a blast.  And I adored seeing one of my bestest friends in the world!


P.S. – Check out the new picture – I got a new haircut that frames my face and takes a few pounds off!

No comments:

Post a Comment