Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes



Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have not had a band fill since I had some of the fluid taken out in august, and I know  that I probably need a band fill, but I have been putting it off.  I have been at a standstill for weight loss, which has stopped right around the weight that I was after having my second daughter, and where my weight sat for two years before I started on Seroqual but my body looks completely different.  The first thing I noticed is that my face is slimmer and the muscles in my arms, legs, and stomach are trimmer.   I am able to get into size 1 X tops and dresses, which I haven’t worn since my honeymoon.  I have a nice bust line, and went from a 50A bra to a 46B, though I could probably go up to a C and it would only be a little big.  My waistline is trimmer, and when I wear pants, I have a much smaller “muffin top”.  I’m no longer a size 22/24 on the bottom, as those are getting almost too big to wear.  My one pair of size 22 pants fit perfectly and I LOVE it!

But those aren’t the only changes – I am craving exercise like I once craved chocolate (well, I still crave chocolate, just not as much!).  When I took my kids to boo at  the zoo and then trick or treating, we walked over a mile each night and it did not wear me out.  My wedding ring, which has been stuck for 4 years now slips right off.

Health wise, my body has been going through even more exciting changes.  My blood pressure has gone from a shockingly high 170s/120s to a healthy 120s/70s.  My blood tests to check for diabetes and pre-diabetic conditions were completely fine.  My cholesterol level is also normalized.  Yes, I could get a band-fill, but I’m almost thinking I may have found my “sweet spot”.  I’m going to a weight loss surgery conference on Saturday and I’ll write a report after as to what other changes I need to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment