Saturday, March 5, 2011

Just Say No


How many people have a hard time with the title?  Lately, it seems to be one of my biggest challenges.  I’ve overextended myself, and with the resulting stress, I have been putting plenty of stuff in my mouth that doesn’t belong.  Yet another way that I am having trouble saying no.  I’m not able to tell myself no, and as we speak, my husband is running out to get fast food for his and the kids’ lunch, AND a milkshake for me.  Why? Because right now, I just can’t say no to my milkshake craving.
The one place I have been able to say no is top exercise.  My family had the Norovirus this week (a conglomerate of tummy bugs with slight fevers and LOTS of chills).  I couldn’t keep anything down except soup for days.  I was so weak, I didn’t exercise until Thursday.  Then I didn’t exercise on Friday and I haven’t so far exercised today.  I know I need to especially because I WILL drink the whole milkshake.  But I don’t want to.  I’m tired and I’m grumpy and I just want to nap.  But first, let me wait for my milkshake.  When I get up from my nap, then I’ll re-evaluate my exercise, and I did promise a trip to the YMCA pool.  And as I’ve said I’m having a hard time saying no.

No comments:

Post a Comment