Thursday, March 24, 2011

News

It has now been over a year since I had my lap-band put in.  If I had to do it over again, I would have gone with the gastric bypass.  If I had, maybe I would have lost more than 50 lbs., I would not have had the problems with sliming that made me get the fluid let out of my band several times, and I would be able to eat better.  In fact, in another year depending how long it takes for me to lose 100 lbs., I may get the bypass anyway.
In other news, I am now a NAMI Connection leader, meaning I co-facilitate a support group run by people with mental illness for people with mental illness.  I spent the last weekend at training to learn all there needs to know to run the meetings.  I loved the training, as it reminded me of grad school, and now I feel that I am able to give back to the systems that have helped me so much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. :( It does seem to me like the doctors in Lincoln push the band awfully hard. Your thoughts are reassuring to me in my decision to go with the bypass. If you want an exercise partner or just another support person, I'd be happy to fill that role. Hope to see you at the post-op group soon. :)

    Holly Adams

    ReplyDelete