Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent

So, I have been thinking a lot about what I am going to give up or limit for Lent, and I think I am going to give up sugar.  No.  Really.  Me.  I’m going to give up sugar.  I generally don’t have any added sugar to my coffee, but I LOVE my sweets.  So for the next 40 days it will be sugar free or nothing for me!
Thank goodness that I can get my fix for something sweet through many items I can get sugar free, like the place down the street that makes amazing sugar free mochas and the fact that every ice cream brand has a sugar free equivalent.  Heck, I even saw sugar-free peeps the other day.  Does this mean that I’ll go crazy on Easter?  Well, maybe, but that’s okay too, as long as I only stick to that day.
What will I need to change?  Well, there will be no handful of kids’ cereal as I pour my daughter her daily dose of whatever I have in the house.  My yogurt will have to be sugar-free.  After dinner desert will be sugar free, but thank goodness for my recipe for sugar-free vanilla egg custard.  Maybe this will help me continue my downward trend.  After MONTHS of a plateau, I lost 4 pounds of the six I have regained.  I’ve also added extra exercise lately, and I am focusing on getting the protein I need.  Please pray for me as I do this, as it will be hard for such a sugar-junkie.  I’ll post how things are going as they enfold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment